Saturday, March 19, 2016

How to go around Baguio for one day or less

Yesterday I went to Baguio City for a hearing in court at 9 in the morning. Because I have work in Metro Manila on Wednesday and Friday, I decided to ride the bus on Wednesday night to Baguio and go back home on Thursday evening.

1. Sleep on the bus. On Wednesday night, I rode a bus at Victory Liner terminal at Pasay City at 11 p.m. While there are stopovers in Tarlac and Pangasinan, I slept on the bus most of the way there. We arrived at Baguio around 5 a.m. on Thursday morning. I stayed at the bus terminal for an hour, freshening up and reviewing my case. At 5:45 a.m. I hailed a cab.


2. Start on high ground. My first stop for the day is Baguio Cathedral. The trip took less than 10 minutes and less than P50 in fare. When I went inside, there were many people in the church. The first mass at the cathedral is set at 6 a.m. and the language is in English.

After the mass, you can ask the priest for a blessing. You can also pray and touch the Black Nazarene, the crucified Jesus Christ, and the Mother of Perpetual Help near the left side of the church. The Baguio Cathedral is located at a high point, so you can see good views of the city from here.

3. Walk around the city. I went from the entrance of Baguio Cathedral down to Session Road. I walked briskly along the right side of Session Road. I passed by several hotels and restaurants that were already open after 6 a.m. I was tempted to eat at one of them, but I decided to go near the court first before I wat breakfast.

I came upon the bottom of Session Road and crossed the pedestrian bridges near Baguio City Market. The bridges have instructions to keep right. At the entrance of the market, many sellers were getting their newspapers straight from Manila. I crossed the bridge to get near Baguio City Plaza, which had traffic already.

4. Eat near your event. I went up the plaza near Baguio City Hall. I passed by Cafe by the Ruins, but it was not yet open. I thought of eating at Mcdonalds, but it was full so I decided to eat at Jollibee along Legarda Road. The fast food had plenty of space, so I ate breakfast there. After I ate and reviewed my case, I just worked to the court.

5. Buy before the afternoon rush.

6. Leave but resolve to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment