Saturday, January 02, 2016

Be a star

Tomorrow is the Feast of the Epiphany. This is the time when the kings from the East or the Magi visited the child Jesus in Bethlehem. Epiphany means manifestation, and God makes himself known to all people of the world.

We heard anticipated mass today. The priest told us in the homily that we should be like the star that shows light in the darkness. People should be able to see Christ in us by our words and actions.

Sometimes I forget that I am a child of God. I get depressed and lose hope easily. I become afraid of the future or worry about what others think of me. I feel bad about working too much.

Then I remember the Magi. They were courageous for they travelled far to visit the child Jesus. They were wise and learned for they understood the meaning of the stars. If these people who do not know Christ can do so much for a child, I can and should be able to do much more for Jesus.

Let us pray that we remember that we are all sons and daughters of God. We can be stars to guide other people to Jesus Christ.



No comments:

Post a Comment