Monday, February 03, 2014
Yesterday a thief stole my mother's computer and charger. From the window of our living room. At 2 am in the morning.
My mother, my brother, and I woke up because our cousin shouted. She saw someone trying to open the screen door to our kitchen. We found a chef's knife on top of the fence near our kitchen.
From 7 am to 9 am, we reported this robbery to the village guards, village office, and village chairperson. Then the police went to our house at 10 am and 12 pm to investigate.
I wasn't able to study that morning because I was still in shock. I am still surprised at this incident even though I am now in my boarding house.
We just hope this never happens again to us and to everyone. It's really hard to be robbed. It feels like we were violated. We blame ourselves. We lose trust in people.
But it doesn't have to be this way forever.
Here's what we learned:
1. Do not put your valuables near windows and doors.
2. Make sure all your windows and doors are locked.
3. Build grills around your windows and doors.
4. Build higher fences around your property.
5. Turn on your exterior lights at night.