Thursday, February 07, 2013

How procrastination can help you

I like this advice from Salon about procrastination: "Your 'procrastination' is actually your wiser self telling you that doing meaningless work is an outrage to the soul and that more real grieving needs to be done. If your job does not allow you to grieve, then your job is standing in the way of your being fully human and your job has to go."

Maybe for me, law school is part of the meaningless work that outrages my soul. Being a lawyer doesn't really allow me to grieve, or can it? I'm continuing law school because it can help me help myself, my family, and people grieving with injustice. But maybe I could have done the same thing while being a paralegal. At least, I know now a good side to procrastination

No comments:

Post a Comment