Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Slow internet on a slow day

January 2, 2013

We have a monthly internet subscription with Smartbro that is supposed to have 1 Mbps bandwidth. Last night at 11 pm, we had no internet but we did not call any more because we were going to sleep. Today, we went out in the morning and early afternoon.

When I got home at 4 pm, Itried Speed Test. Our download speed and upload speeds were 0.05 Mbps. So I called Smartbro and they helped me with the problem and asked me to type ipconfig. But I had to go so we stopped with ipconfig flushdns, release, and renew.

Later at 9 pm, I called them again. At Speed Test, our download speed was 0.08 Mbps and our upload speed was 0.12 Mbps. They took me to the second level tech support. They said they will monitor our connection for 24 hours. We just have to keep the modem slash adaptor on at all times.

My brother said that I could connect the modem to our router because I will turn off our desktop computer anyway. So I did. Let us hope we can publish the posts for today and yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment